@
tsubai bussho@’ֈ䕧Š
KEY WORD :@art histotry / sculptures
@
Also written ’Ôgˆä•§Š. A guild of Buddhist sculptors *busshi •§Žt active in Nara *nanto busshi “ì“s•§Žt from the mid-14 to 16c, named after their location in Koufukuji Tsubaigou ‹»•ŸŽ›’ֈ䋽. It was believed to have been founded by *Keiha Œc”h sculptors who formed an independent workshop *bussho •§Š. Among the best known tsubai bussho sculptors were Kankei ŠoŒc, Keishuu ŒcG, Shunkei wŒc, and Shunkei tŒc, who were especially renowned for their technical skill. The earliest surviving statue is Kisshoutenzou ‹gË“V‘œ (1340) in Koufukuji by Kankei. Keishuu ŒcG is recorded as having worked on restoration of the Juuichimen Kannonzou \ˆê–ʊω¹‘œ in Kasuga Jinguuji t“ú_‹{Ž› (1368). Another work by this group is a Monju Bosatsuzou •¶Žê•ìŽF‘œ (1378) Joudoji ò“yŽ› in Hiroshima prefecture, bearing an ink signature 'Nanto Tsubai-saku' “ì“s’Ôg‹ì. In the 15c the workshops *takama bussho ‚ŠÔ•§Š, nobori-ooji bussho “o‘å˜H•§Š, and fujiyama bussho •xŽmŽR•§Š are thought to have emerged as offshoots of tsubai bussho but all declined during the 16c, when the *shukuin bussho h‰@•§Š became dominant. Tsubai bussho continued production on a reduced scale until the Edo period.
@
@

@
REFERENCES:
@
EXTERNAL LINKS: 
@@
NOTES
@

(C)2001 Japanese Architecture and Art Net Users System.@No reproduction or republication without written permission.
ŒfÚ‚̃eƒLƒXƒgEŽÊ^EƒCƒ‰ƒXƒg‚ȂǁA‘S‚ẴRƒ“ƒeƒ“ƒc‚Ì–³’f•¡»E“]Ú‚ð‹Ö‚¶‚Ü‚·B
@