Dr. Antonio Mateo Abstract + Slides + Profile
Innovative Rainwater Harvesting System (IRHS) : A Practical Option to Climate Change, Water Crisis and Disaster “Filipino Technology of Converting Rainwater into Clean, Potable, Alkaline Drinking Water”
An Innovative Rainwater Harvesting System (IRHS) was developed by herein Filipino Inventor, to put rainwater to good use for sustainability, rather than waste this life saving resource through devastating floods or natural runoff and allows the provision of fresh water at or near the point of its use. This “Filipino Technology “ of rainwater harvesting and converting rainwater and contaminated water to potable water will pass all the 16 PNSDW parameters under the Physical and Chemical Tests with pH improved from 5.8 – 6.3 pH to 7.8 -8.5 pH, and passing the Microbiological Test Results inclusive of the Heterotrophic plate count.
The presentation will cover the results of the R&D works and the important breakthroughs and discoveries. Foremost, will be the development of the bucket and candle filters with anti pathogen as major components of the 1,000 liters IRHS Module. Another will be the utilization of an invented double flare flexible piping system, virtually making the whole water lines leak-proof and maintenance free. Another will be the development of “IRHS Life Saving Kits for evacuation centers and rescue operations. Equally important is the development and utilization of an environmentally friendly “Rainwash Water Diverter”, using discarded aluminum can, which will provide a cleaner rainwater to the IRHS Storage Tanks when house roofs will be used as catchment areas.
The presentation will also cover the practical application of the IRHS harvested rainwater in rooftop farming, drip irrigation, pulse irrigation and pressure irrigation using discarded plastic bottles.
Finally, the introduction of an “Environ House” a duplex low cost housing design , “Green Toilet” and the Training of Women Plumbers for the innovative Rainwater Harvesting System installation and maintenance will also be presented.
Seminar 14 Slides
SGRA is a non-profit, non-government organization. We need your help by properly acknowledging any benefit you might have obtained from downloading materials from this website. SGRA E-MAIL .
DEAN ANTONIO F. MATEO, Ph. D.
• DEAN, COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, ADAMSON UNIVERSITY, (1983 -1986 ) & ( 2001 – 2005 );
• GRADUATE OF B.S. ELECTRICAL ENG’G, 1968, MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY;
• SUMMA CUM LAUDE, M.S. MANAGEMENT ENG’G, 1975, ADAMSON UNIVERSITY;
• * BENEMERITUS, Ph.D. IN MANAGEMENT, 1982, UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS
• GRADUATE SCHOOL;
• * MULTI-AWARDED INVENTOR, WITH 81 PATENT CERTIFICATES ;
• * WIPO ( GENEVA, SWITZERLAND ), GOLD MEDAL AWARDEE AS BEST INVENTOR, 1994;
• * FIRST DIAMOND AWARDEE, UST GRADUATE SCHOOL HALL OF FAME, 1998;
• * OUTSTANDING THOMASIAN ALUMNI AWARD FOR SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY,1999
• * OUTSTANDING MANILA INVENTOR IN THE FIELD OF WATER SYSTEM, 2002
• * OUTSTANDING MAPUAN (TOM) IN THE FIELD OF INVENTIONS AND PIONEERING
• ENDEAVOR, MIT HALL OF FAME 2002
• 2004 OUTSTANDING CITIZEN OF CALOOCAN CITY, FIELD OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 2004;
• A FELLOW MEMBER OF SINGAPORE ROYAL INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERS, 2006
• RECIPIENT, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE COMMENDATION, H.R. NO. 188, FOURTEENTH CONGRESS, NOVEMBER 12, 2008.
• AUTHOR OF THE E-BOOK “ INNOVATIVE RAINWATER HARVESTING SYSTEM : PRACTICAL OPTION TO CLIMATE CHANGE, WATER CRISIS & DISASTERS , MAY, 2011
• 2011 PCCI AMBASSADOR ALFRED M. YAO NATIONAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AWARDEE, OCTOBER 13, 2011.