|KEY WORD : architecture / gates|
|Also called soujoumon 僧正門. The middle gate in the semi-opened, west corridor at Kasuga Taisha Honsha 春日大社本社 in Nara. Shinto priests used this entrance when high ranking people came to pray. It was first built in 1179 but rebuilt between 1382-85. It has a single ridge, is one bay wide, has a single door and a gable roof *kirizuma-zukuri 切妻造, covered with cypress bark shingles *hiwadabuki 桧皮葺.|
(C)2001 Japanese Architecture and Art Net Users System. No reproduction or republication without written permission.