@
oku-eshi@‰œŠGŽt
KEY WORD :@art history / paintings
@
The highest ranking of the official painters *goyou-eshi Œä—pŠGŽt employed by the shogunate during the Edo period. The term refers specifically to four branches of the Kanou family: the Kajibashi Kanou ’b–è‹´Žë–ì, the Kobikichou Kanou –ؔҒ¬Žë–ì, the Nakabashi Kanou ’†‹´Žë–ì and the Hamachou Kanou •l’¬Žë–ì. The Kajibashi branch was founded by Kanou Tan'yuu Žë–ì’T—H (1602-74), who was summoned to Edo from Kyoto in 1617 and awarded a residence outside the Kajibashi gate, plus a hereditary annual stipend. The Kobikichou branch was founded by Tan'yuu's disciple, Naonobu ®M (1607-50). Naonobu was awarded a mansion in Takegawachou ’|ì’¬ in 1630, but in 1777, Kanou Michinobu Žë–ì“TM (1730-90), then head of the branch, moved to a residence in Kobikichou from which the branch derives its name. The Nakabashi branch was founded by Kanou Yasunobu Žë–ìˆÀM (1614-85), who was awarded a residence in Nakabashi during the Houei •ó‰i era (1704-11). The Hamachou branch was founded by Kanou Minenobu Žë–웨M (1662-1709). The term oku-eshi is used to distinguish these four branches of the Kanou family from the lower-ranking official painters, termed *omote-eshi •\ŠGŽt. The oku-eshi were required to be in attendance in the painting bureau, ebeya ŠG•”‰® of Edo castle on a fixed day each month. See *Kanouha Žë–ì”h.
Lineages:
Kajibashi Kanou : Tan'yuu ’T—H (1602-74), Tanshin ’TM (1653-1718), Tansen ’T‘D (1686-1728), Tanjou ’Tí (1706-56), Tanrin ’T—Ñ (1732-77), Tamboku ’T–q (1759-1832), Tanshin ’TM (1775-1835), Tan'en ’T•£ (1805-53), Tangen ’TŒ´ (1828-66)
Kobikichou Kanou : Naonobu ®M (1607-50), Tsunenobu íM (1636-1713), Chikanobu ŽüM (1660-1728), Hisanobu ŒÃM (1696-1731), Harunobu ŒºM (1715-31), Michinobu “TM (1730-90), Korenobu ˆÒM (1753-1808), Naganobu ‰hM (1775-1828), Osanobu —{M (1796-1846), Tadanobu ‰ëM (1823-79)
Nakabashi Kanou : Yasunobu ˆÀM (1614-85), Morinobu ŽåM (1675-1724), Norinobu Œ›M (1692-1731), Terunobu ‰pM (1717-63), Takanobu ‚M (1743-94), Yasunobu ‘אM (1767-98), Kuninobu –MM (1787-1840), Tachinobu —§M (1814-91)
Hamachou Kanou : Minenobu ›¨M (1662-1709),Yoshinobu •áM (1695?-1745), Sachinobu KM (1713-70), Hidenobu ©M (1747-92), Hironobu Š°M (1778-1815), Akinobu ºM (1799-1816), Sukenobu •M (1810-31), Nakanobu ’†M (1811-71), Tomonobu —FM (1843-1912).
@
@

@
REFERENCES:
@
EXTERNAL LINKS: 
@@
NOTES
@

(C)2001 Japanese Architecture and Art Net Users System.@No reproduction or republication without written permission.
ŒfÚ‚̃eƒLƒXƒgEŽÊ^EƒCƒ‰ƒXƒg‚ȂǁA‘S‚ẴRƒ“ƒeƒ“ƒc‚Ì–³’f•¡»E“]Ú‚ð‹Ö‚¶‚Ü‚·B
@